You are reading a single comment by @Cale and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So even the bare google sheets example isn't working for you with 1v89?

Are you getting it halting at:

Connecting with TLS...
    Loading the CA root certificate...
    Loading the Client certificate...
    Loading the Client Key...

Like I did when I just tried it, or is it breaking somewhere else?

With 1v86, does it work when using the example as-is? I have no idea what error 0x256a is (it doesn't seem to be a valid error code from the Pico's SSL library), however 0x6D00 is:

Public key type mismatch (eg, asked for RSA key exchange and presented EC key)

Which implies that the public key might be of the wrong type (like DSA instead of RSA). I just tried here on a Pico + ESP8266 and the example still works perfectly on 1v86.

Having said that there's virtually no free space on the Pico at all when using HTTPS with ESP8266. The Espruino WiFi board will be a better bet there as it's got an extra 32k of RAM - I just tried it and 1v89 works fine (so the crash on the Pico would appear to be some kind of out of memory issue).

At some point when things calm down after Puck.js I'm going to move to a compiled implementation of the ESP8266 driver. That should cut down on the RAM usage significantly and will make the Pico a lot better at HTTPS with ESP8266 - but I'm afraid it's likely to be a month or two off.

• It crashed just the same. I don't know why I keep getting the key mismatch. I have tried the same keys in the tutorial to no avail. I have been able to make it work fine when espruino runs in Ubuntu with the keys/certs I have.

About