You are reading a single comment by @Ollie and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Nice tutorial!

Needless to say 3 pin pairs not enough - nothing from the motor. Wiring connected right since 2 leds worked fine. I've researched and the ESP8266 has only 12mA per pin and as best as I can tell (from trying to find the part on the web) is the motor needs 70mA at 4.5v. I'm inferring more at 3.3v based on P= V * I, or perhaps it will just run slower.

The good news is the micro servo works great. The linkage is tight enough, and the steering makes both of its stops. The servo module makes it a breeze to work with and the code is lightweight enough to fit in to my program which listens over MQTT and go in the ESP8266.

So next steps. Wait for the new control board to arrive which will have the H gate on and try piggy back that, so motor driven from the lipo battery. Or, failing that try find a smaller motor, maybe the type that goes in micro drone and try fudge that in, accepting that car will be slower if it can be made to work at all.

I can do neither currently so, I'll come back to this thread when I can.

About