You are reading a single comment by @rel and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thank you Gordon! That's about what I thought... It's probably too early to get my hands on this right now, since I don't understand all the internals of Espruino yet. I'd like to hook up a LoRa Modem (RN2483) to the Espruino, and thought about using an L1 because of it's low power nature, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. In deep sleep the F1 is also only drawing very little power... and it might be good idea to measure things before trying to optimize too early.

The smallest, already tested uC I've seen on that list is the STM32F100RBT6B:
    http://www.espruino.com/Other+Boards

Maybe I make a board in KiCad using that chip soon. Just to try it out... It would be nice to use Espruino on such a LoRa node, and make it cheap and very power efficient.

Out of curiosity, do you also use an LDO on your upcoming Puck.js board? It looks great by the way... I'm trying to learn more about electronics right now, and figured, if it wouldn't be better to use a buck/boost converter for such a low power device, like that one, which I've once already used in a project, and which has some kind of standby mode. I guess an LDO still draws less power in deep sleep mode than a buck/boost converter (there's no active switching). But actually, I don't have a clue about this. So yeah, probably I need to figure out all that hardware stuff before trying to move to another uC... ;)

About