• I haven't done any more work on it, but it'd be great if you were willing to take a look at it - it should be pretty easy, especially as @tve has added a Telnet interface to it now. Hopefully it wouldn't be much more difficult than taking a minimal Pi image, adding Espruino and a few scripts.

Even as-is, it's still pretty usable - just without the timer you're not going to be able to do totally accurate pulses, but SPI, I2C, etc are still fine.

Just some ideas:

• Make the onboard serial port boot straight into Espruino (rather than a shell), so you could program it with a USB-TTL adaptor
    • There's a real-time version of Linux for the Pi I think - you might be able to experiment with that
    • Set up a simple HTTP server which serves up https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE - you'd need to hack up something that'd get you communications with Espruino from the Web Browser though. A simple WebSocket server that forwarded websocket connections to Telnet would work well (and could actually just be another Espruino instance).

And other slightly harder stuff:

• Add Wifi.connect-style functions that'd allow you to use WiFi to connect to networks and stuff
    • Add software I2C so you can use I2C on any pins - this would be useful for all devices, but unfortunately hasn't been added yet (SPI already works)
About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started