AP Wifi Problem

Posted on
  • Hi! First thank you very much for the project and affort on the new firmware for NodeMCU :)
    I have a strange problem maybe someone can confirm this and maybe we find a solution:
    I have setup an AP with the following code on my NodeMCU v0.9:

function onInit() {
    var wifi = require("Wifi");
    wifi.disconnect();
    wifi.startAP("APNAME", {password:"password"});
    wifi.save();
    }
    save();

Every connection directly to the AP works fine, but if I am going to connect a virtual machine (Win/Ubuntu what ever) I do net get any IP address. My home router and android AP work without any problems and my VMs get an IP address. I am working with VMs since years so there is maybe really a problem with AP. Maybe someone can confirm this?

Thx

• How do your VMs access the wifi? Does each VM have its own mac address? Or are you bridging? Or routing?

• I had a similar problem. I could create an AP, but couldnt connect to it. The fix was to "reset" the ESP8266 AFTER the AP was turned on.

WIFI.startAP("landscape", null, function(){console.log("connected as AP");});
    WIFI.save();
    ESP8266.reboot();

• Does the AP list as the correct name? For me if I didn't specify authMode:"wpa2" in the options in addition to the password the AP would start incorrectly under a different SSID to the one I specified with no password. However take this with a grain of salt as I can't currently test if this is still the case, this is just from what I remember.

• Hi.. VMs are connected via WiFi interface of my host (Laptop) with different MAC addresses and in bridged mode.

• Yes, I already had the same issue. Something went sometimes wrong. Then I flushed the device and after pushing the software again it worked.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

AP Wifi Problem

Posted by Avatar for scvo @scvo

Actions