Flexible Lithium Ceramic batteries?!

Posted on
  • I'm not sure if this is even the best place to buy them, but a guy on Tindie is selling those crazy new flexible batteries that you can use in wearables and they bend with you and all. Or nail in place and still have them work.

https://www.tindie.com/products/405Nm/10­5mah-375v-ultra-flexiblecuttable-battery­/

I have no association with this guy (I sell on tindie, but no association with him) - but it looked like the kind of thing some people on here would like, since the Pico has the battery life to really do a lot with that 105mAh... though they ain't cheap!

• Pic 3 bends your head a bit!!

• The video shows more stuff like that. They hit it with a blow torch, and put a nail through it during operation and shit like that.

I can't wait for these bad boys to get cheap... the volumetric energy density looks decent too. Just the bit about costing 50x as much per mAh vs Panasonic 18650s.

• Thanks for the tip - they look great! I'd guess the internal resistance is quite high (or bad things would happen when you cut them), but it still makes them really interesting parts.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Flexible Lithium Ceramic batteries?!

Posted by Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy

Actions