You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • It'd be nice to be able to fit something like an SPI flash, but I don't think there's really room for that either :(

Pretty sure there is - you can get SPI flash in 2mm x 3mm USON packages, and 5x6mm WSON too. Hand soldering might prove a wee bit tricky though.... You'd practically need a magnifying glass just to see the things!

However I've been toying with the idea of doing some 'bare bones' Espruino boards. Something like 5 snap-out ones that are literally just an STM32 (no USB) and capacitors. The voltage range is 2-3.6v usually so maybe a schottky diode and you'd be able to run them safely off a LiPo with no quiescent current from a regulator. Selling 5 at a time would make it worth me selling them, while still keeping the per-unit cost really low.

I like this idea. You'd have some space on the underside of the board, wouldn't you? Could pads for a regulator be left there, so we have that option?

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started