You are reading a single comment by @ColinP and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,

The Youtube video looks really nice.

I modified boards.py and communication_interface.c for 16k and to use the flow control pins+hardware flow control and I can now at least get it to start up on the Nordic dev kit USB dongle (which is much nicer as it means I can develop on my laptop without accidentally pulling a pile of hastily soldered together debug cables off...)

The serial shell appears to be working OK, but Bluetooth is unreliable. I can sometimes connect and it works, but other times connect with immediate disconnect. At least having a reliable programmer and serial port makes it much easier to begin to debug!

Anyway - it looks like you've made lots of changes to the uart in your last commit so I'll update to that and see what happens...

Oh - something else I discovered the other night should anyone else be reading this. The FTDI TTL 3v3 dongle only has 3v3 levels on its UART lines. The Vdd line is 5volts, NOT 3v3 as I thought. So it turns out I've verified the nrf51822 will operate at 5v supply. cough...

About

Avatar for ColinP @ColinP started