Need network troubleshooting help

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Great explanation, and I thinks it - chaining small blocks - is a perfect compromise between contiguous bytes that need always a marks/sweep for memory reuse, even if declared as not-used/refd-anymore by refCount. I moved away from the refCount even though I had the unused memory peaces linked... but going always through the link and find an unused 'string' greater or equal the needs and re-link the remainder was not an option... last but not least because it would have challenged the virtual memory implementation...

In my memory manager (for MRAM/FRAM) I do though so but only limited: since only strings are used, I update as long as the string fits, and if shorter, it has to be short enough to also fit the linking for the remainder...

• Well, the GC fix did the trick! My little test program is now past 10000 requests, including about 10 errored requests (it's wifi after all, I guess). So far I'm not seeing any memory leak and it hasn't gone kaboom either :-)

• Sounds like there should be some version number embedded in the save()'ed stuff so it can be discarded when the number changes?

Thing is it would have to change for every compile, since if the address of one function changes, that could mess the symbol table up. The chances of making a change where the addresses of all the functions stay the same is pretty small.

I guess you could just use the MD5sum of the binary as a version number, but IMO it's better to just delete the saved code each time you reflash.

... with the symbol table changes I had planned the situation might improve, but right now I'd suggest just erasing that block of memory.

• Ah, this is something I haven't looked into at all... So where the saved code references native functions it contains the function's addresses? That would indeed be an issue...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Need network troubleshooting help

Posted by Avatar for tve @tve

Actions