You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Which one?

One concern I have with the second option, which at first looks great for plugging into breadboard is that the pins are an inch apart, typically leaving only one row of holes exposed if you wanted both blocks of pins put into pin header. Which means there's no room to have overhang on the sides to fit labels for the pins.

On the other hand, it may be that the GPIO pins are not typically used, at least with breadboard... So what do you guys think?

In first design, I realize now looking at it, I'd put the pins at the edge of the board, with the labels closer in, not the other way around like it is in the first picture.

(obviously, I haven't routed anything yet, and the spacing of the silk is off- but that's a detail)

• Just to chime in; I think the first version could make a lot of sense, but maybe alight headers on 100mil grid? I would add male pins to 0-14 and a header to the other one. I could still plug it in a breadboard and use wires to power/serial.

Did you do the math on those co-planar wave guides?
    If I were to consider something like this I would need to have a pi-filter in place for antenna matching. With good calculations you can get away with some standard LINX antenna and a 0ohm, but sooner or later someone will want to test various antennas and then it is very handy to be able to match the impedance of that particular one [you know this] :)

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started