WebIDE minification?

Posted on
  • I'm writing versions of modules AT, ESP8266 amd MQTT which can be minified in closure's advanced mode (side-question: when I back-contribute these, looks like I should also contribute the minified versions as by default they will be minified using simple optimisations)

However, no matter what options I select in WebIDE minification, it won't use my local minified versions when I specify

require('ESP8266_MM').connect()

However, when I specify

require('ESP8266_MM.min').connect()

it DOES use the minified versions so they are there and working.

In both cases it works as expected, and there are no (visible) errors. The modules are stored locally in the modules directory of the project location

When I run a test using a very simple pair of examples, it does correctly use the minified version without being prompted.

• I said in another post, but I really don't want two versions of the same code in the EspruinoDocs repo - I'll add a keyword you can stick in the unminified file that will force minification using advanced optimisations though.

For local versions, you're using the Web IDE's 'projects' thing?

It looks like there might be some issue with that - I bet it ignores the 'module search order' setting on the settings page :( I'll look into it.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

WebIDE minification?

Posted by Avatar for Moray @Moray

Actions