You are reading a single comment by @Ollie and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for the tip. I pulled the ESP8266 module as you suggested. Upping the timeouts made no difference, so I also pulled down the AT module and tried to replicate what I can do with Serial2 (so far list APs, connect to a network and get my IP address) using at.cmd... and it strikes me that it is not abiding by the passed timeout param since it seems to return directly?

My AT command returns are two lines. I always get the issued command on the first line then OK on the line below. With Serial2.write and the timeout I get both to console. With my attempts to use at.cmd I only get the first, and immediately?

Also, it always seems to be first line (the command) that is in the var getting evaluated for a match to "OK" in the Esp8266 module code.

I'm not the best at following callback logic so I could be barking up the wrong tree - anyone confirm or deny that the timeout param in at.cmd is effectual?

About