You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @tve thanks - nice idea about the multi-line contents... I wonder if there's a nice way to do that with HTML?

@asez73 ahh - no, you can't debug code that's run right as you upload it. Easiest way is just to run it after you've uploaded - either by manually typing the function name, or by adding a setTimeout.

@Rollo yes - you're looking for whether it says TIM# under the list of functions that gets returned...

@JumJum unfortunately no - Espruino doesn't know what line number anything is, as it's just uploaded in-line. I was trying to think of a nice way to handle that, but I'm not sure how :)

• @Gordon, thanks, I had not thought to the timeout approach.
    Yet, it won't solve my problem as I am really running out of ram. I need to execute the function in question before any other thing which I placed in the following lines of the code, I then delete my function factory so as to end up the object's events handlers.
    Could it be possible to have a functionality to load files from the web ide on demand from the espruino board through USB connection?
    Obviously the web ide and the interpreter would have to be tightly integrated.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started