You are reading a single comment by @asez73 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • See Troubleshooting - specifically : WHEN I TYPE dump() THE CODE THAT IS DISPLAYED ISN'T EXACTLY THE CODE THAT I ENTERED

But it's worth reading through all the language stuff there anyway, and also the Notes page

(sorry for the caps, it's the way the titles copy+paste :)

Basically when you click 'upload' your script is executed on Espruino - it's not stored. When you say save it saves away the current state of everything. That's actually really important difference between Espruino and other things.

Perhaps there should be links, but lots of things lead you to onInit/E.on('init',...) - for instance load, save, and all the stuff above. Generally you will have found out about onInit because of those.

• Hi @Gordon,
    I attempted to use debugger() within a function invoqued at load time and found that the remaining of the uploaded file was "used" or, may be "consumed " out of the file being uploaded. This is not what I intended...
    Is this behaviour "normal " ?
    How can I debug in such a case?

I subscribe to an automatically generated document, knowing that this forum, and now gitter discussions, do contain useful informations, about all the oddities any user might face.

About

Avatar for asez73 @asez73 started