You are reading a single comment by @jakedempsey and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon - The undefined doesn't seem to be an error condition though. If I increase the timeouts or just return the cb in the SIM900 module so that it takes another round it works. Also, I am giving the module 15 seconds before attempting the initial Serial connection. As for power, this board uses 5V (I have it connected to VBAT with a 5V DC power). It has a continuous draw of 500ma with a 2A spike.

What would be a safe way to proceed? If I increase the timeouts in the SIM900 for the init calls.. is that 'safe' as in reliable or is there something deeper wrong here that I need to wait for resolution on?

This is the board I am testing with: http://wiki.iteadstudio.com/RPI_SIM900_G­SM/GPRS_ADD-ON_V1.0

This wont be our final board as this was just an extra sim900 we had around and are having to plug into the pi connector to get back over to our espruino which is fine for our testing.

About

Avatar for jakedempsey @jakedempsey started