You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Great! I don't have any non-2G modules I've tested so far I'm afraid. In theory a single AT command set would be shared between devices, but in practice it seems not.

You'd probably stand a fighting chance if you used another SIMCOM module though (SIM5320E?)

Looking at the skywire examples they've come up with their own socket implementation, so the SIM900 module's implementation wouldn't work at all.

But that's not the end of the world at all. Espruino implements the drivers for serial-based network devices in JavaScript, so it's actually not that painful to write your own version at all. For starters, you could look at the ESP8266 module and the SIM900 one.

You're basically just changing commands around, using their AT reference manual as your guide - it looks like as far as TCP/IP goes it's pretty much 1:1 - they've just renamed things. I'd be happy to help out with the changes if I can.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started