You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Jon,

Yes, sorry - I haven't documented it very well. The drift is because of the low speed oscillator being really inaccurate compared to the original espruino - I'm actually working on a firmware update that should improve matters by using the high speed oscillator when not in sleep mode. If you use a build from here to flash espruino with then it should be a whole load better when running from mains.

However there is space for an external crystal (the 6 pads at the far end of the board). You'd need to buy a Abracon ABS06-107 (it should work fine without load capacitors, but if you need them then two 0402 4pF ones should do it). The 107 bit is extremely important as the standard ABS06 isn't reliable on the STM32F401 chip - as I found out to my cost (if the standard ABS06 had worked, every Pico would have had one on board, but I found out too late to be able to source the 107 variant for the KickStarter)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started