You are reading a single comment by @Kolban and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Howdy Gordon, I think Ive followed the instructions and forked the "espruino/Espruino" repository into "esp8266-espruino/Espruino". No issues with that.

I then extracted "esp8266-espruino/Espruino" to my workstation and have an editable local copy on my file system. Still all good.

I edited one local file "jsnative.c" to reflect the changes needed for adding the XTENSA architecture. I am using this is a "take it slow" test. No problems with the local change.

I then comitted my local clone back to "esp8266-espruino/Espruino". Again ... all looks great.

Here is where I start to get fuzzy. I have now issued a "pull request" on "esp8266-espruino/Espruino" which I believe indicates to you ("espruino/Espruino") that a merge request has been made and that the action is now on you to examine my submissions and then approve or reject them. If approved, I believe that the changes I made (i.e. the one file ...) will be updated in the master repository ("espruino/Espruino") and we will have effected a "merge" of our projects (to this one file level).

Does this sound/feel right? Is this how we should be working? (Again, apologies for the questions up front ... I just want to make sure that this subproject plays correctly by the rules and we can integrate as painlessly as possible and that you are happy with the workflow).

Neil

About

Avatar for Kolban @Kolban started