• There's an stm32 cryptographic library: http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/P­F259409

It would be handy to have access to things like aes as a native module for performance reasons, but I guess it'd have to be an optional inclusion into the firmware add must people wouldn't use it.

• @the1laz
    People should be taught to use encryption because IMHO, it's more secure than transmitting clear over the air. Someone could argue that sending trivial data such as temp and water level over the air shouldnt need encryption. But, what if you want to turn something on and off such as a light or pump by sending a command over the air?

Encryption can be confusing and combursome for someone to implement or at least for me when I started reading about it. I think Encryption needs to be easy to use in order for more people to use it. Like handling keys and etc... automatically in the background.

Maybe if more people requested encryption support for the espruino, someone could donate their time to add encryption?

I currently offload encryption to the Intel Edison which also handles the network side. The only issue I have is how long the Edison takes to bootup. I like the instantaneous bootup and code execution feel that microcontrollers have. So, ya having encryption would be a major plus for the espruino :)

About

Avatar for the1laz @the1laz started