• Hi,
    I think I'm going mad, but I've now got a mate to test as well.

If I save any code on the pico, I then lose connectivity from the IDE.

The website says follow the troulbleshooting guide to reset - but the reset procedure is only for the original espruino. I then have to resort to flashing the pico to doing anything further with it...

Am I missing something ? - look forward to a response.

Many thanks in advance

Graham.

• Hi, same thing here

• What code are you sending to it before saving that causes problems?

I'll update the troubleshooting page today, but the easiest way to recover is to plug in and then hold down the button (as soon after plugging in as you can). If done right, it won't enter the bootloader mode (with the LEDs pulsing) but will just go into Espruino without loading the saved code (you should then be able to type save() to save 'blank' state back to the Espruino).

• Are you doing something to do with Graphics?

I've discovered a crash caused by initialising the Graphics library twice (it seems to be a recent regression). Hopefully I'll get a fix out tomorrow.

However, the way to make it work for now is to make sure that there's no call to onInit() in the code that you upload. Then, you can call save(), and when the save is done Espruino will restart and will automatically call onInit() itself.

• I have the same problem with the clock tutorial. The reset on the website does seem to work but I also have to close and restart the IDE.

• The reset on the website does seem to work but I also have to close and restart the IDE.

This'll probably be because you unplug the board while the Web IDE is still connected (you need to click disconnect first) - it's an annoying Chrome bug. It's been outstanding for a while, but hopefully they'll fix it in a release soon as someone's contributed a patch.

In terms of the actual crash - I believe the latest version of Espruino (1v77) should now have that fixed.

• Hi Gordon,
    Sorry for the delay in replying. There was nothing special about the code I was saving most of it was just examples from your tutorials. All attempts would have saved an onInit() call ...
    I've flashed to 1v77 and these issues have now gone away.
    Also, thank you for updating the troubleshooting guide - I was sure you would have provided a way to perform a reset on the PICO :-)
    Thanks
    Graham

• No problem - glad it's sorted.

I'm pretty sure the whole crash when saving was this issue when instantiating Graphics twice - it was a bit of a frustrating regression which had worked its way into the firmware that comes pre-installed on the boards :(

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

save() breaks my pico - I have to do a firmware flash...

Posted by Avatar for GrahamT @GrahamT

Actions