You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Gordon,

That makes sense.

I guess the thing I like about angular is that it is built for web applications and fixes a lot of concerns (it brings things like two way binding and dependency injection). I've do a lot of web dev, and just find a lot of time is spent hooking things up, when binding can handle a lot of that for you. Equally, whilst the folder structure might be initially confusing, it follows some strict conventions, so as you use it, it's clear where everything should go.

This said, I'm no angular evangelist, I just know it makes my life easier for this type of application, but if it's not a route you want to go down, it's not a problem.

Regarding the HTML, I was having a thing about this earlier, and was wondering whether a technique similar to what you have already done with "data" tabs in the options, where you load it off disk? My reason for wanting this is because HTML in strings is just awful to work with (escaping quotes etc) and you loose all formatting (unless you format your string over multiple lines, which is still not very nice). I'm not sure what this would bring from a performance perspective though. If you did go this route though, maybe just having a "templates" or "partials" folder to place them in would work well.

Regarding the plugins, again, I'm not precious about them, I just think they look / work nicer, and those have better support behind them, so are less likely to become redundant. But I didn't realize you had to make changes to them for Espruino. It should be possible to make these existing plugins look a little nicer anyway.

I'll have a bit of a tinker over the weekend anyway with how it is now, and just see how I get on.

RE Having the ide running from the board, this would be totally awesome. I think that would make for a great way to get up and running with less friction.

Matt

About