You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I remember at least on occasion where I was only able to continue development because I had local backups of the modules I needed, and could put them into sandbox. It would be a low-cost insurance against that happening again (since it screws over everyone using Espruino when it happens) to just rent an AWS micro instance, run apache on it, and have it sync nightly or whatever against the main site, and have the IDE use that as a backup if the main site isn't working. It's under $10/month using a reserved instance. Or if you know other people who run reliable websites, shake them down for mirroring (since the traffic should be negligible).

This forum has always been unreliable, but that seems to be very common. WPF has multi-hour outages weekly, and 3-5 minute page loads are not uncommon. Arduino's is sometimes agonizingly slow. And Espruino's forum sometimes goes into bad gateway mode. But this is less of a problem than the site itself - particularly since it seems the competition isn't doing any better.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started