868 MHz transceiver

Posted on
  • Can someone recommend a 868 MHz transceiver module that works well with the espruino?

Thanks,

Flo

• I do not think anyone has gotten to the point of having two espruinos talking with 868mhz radio, so nobody knows :-P

Several of us are working on projects involving this, though; I've got some RFM69's (though they're not super long range), and someone else has ordered whiskers. I've made breakout boards for my 69's, but have not applied power to them yet.

• I had planned to try this band with a CC1101.
    It talks standard SPI (I've done it with Wiring/Arduino - and I think SPI is much better implemented on the Espruino) and should be easy.
    With that ship you can investigate other bands as well, and a few different operations.

Unfortunately I have not tested any modules for it, I bread-boarded one of the reference designs when I tried it.

I'm using this radio to implement DASH7 but because I will implement mesh network, I need more space to get a routing table and an A*/Dijkstra and ended up settling on having an CC430 coprocessor for the networking and encryption, at least for the prototyping stage. Maybe I can cram everything into the STM32F4 when time comes....

Let us know if you order some modules :)

• You can use the SRF modules from Ciseco which are 868Mhz. They do a lot for you and allow you to easily send and receive (encrypted I think) packets of data.

There's no JS module for them, but they're trivial to use as you just connect them up via serial.

• Thank's for your feedback.
    I'll go with a RFM12B-868-S2 for trial and let you know how it works.

Cheers,

Flo

• I did buy some RFM12Bs and have been planning on making a module for them when things calm down a bit.

Please let me know how you get on - I'd love to get a module made to make it easier to use them!

• Just to add, there's example code in HopeRF's datasheet: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wire­less/General/RF12B_code.pdf

You could easily re-write RFXX_WRT_CMD to use SPI and then it's almost a copy-paste job to get it working.

• Hi, Do you need UART port module? They are highly integrate. Please check this module.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

868 MHz transceiver

Posted by Avatar for Jolm @Jolm

Actions