You are reading a single comment by @alexanderbrevig and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • As I see it you have two questions:

1. How should you handle external resources (videos, links, repositories etc)?
    2. Would you concider splitting /Tutorials into
      1. Tutorials (step by step guides)
      2. Examples (example usages and solutions to recurring problems/tasks, such as setTimout|Interval|Watch
      3. Projects (complete user contributed projects)

(I always get too engaged in these kinds of things so please feel free to ignore everything I say here...)

I imagine that a way to do it would be to define the following kinds of external resource:

1. (github) Project (a complete and tested project, maybe with README.md, project.js and parts.txt which describes the parts needed to complete the project)
    2. (github) Example (README.md <- entire example in one file with images in repo or in /img)
    3. (github) Tutorial (README.md as the introduction laying out the intent etc, then append part1.md, part2.md ... partX.md before building the resulting HTML)
    4. (vimeo, youtube, ???) video resource

Then, you could have some JSON files in your EspruinoDocs i.e examples.json, projects.json and tutorials.json. Contributors could then make a PR with an addition to one of those files ("add ESP8266 as Access Point tutorial"). If you accepted, we could extend the EspruinoDocs build to pull in the various resources, compile HTML and link in to them as an espruino.com page (probably a good idea to link to the github issues for reporting problems, then maintenance is on the contributor).

I could also write up a small script to 'format' anars' samples if he would accept it.

That's my all-to-many bytes on the matter. What are your thoughts @Gordon?

About