(1v71_olimexino_stm32.bin) Maple Mini compatible?

Posted on
  • I tried to upload the firmware to a mini maple, the firmware uploaded fine (Download & Verify), but does not work! Practically, Maple and Maple Mini are identical, based on the same STM32F103, with slight differences & pinout.

Great work with Espruino!!!! I'm looking forward to see how advances, and try ... if I can!

• And...Add, I have tried to communicate with via direct mini-USB on-board, and also by FTDI (Serial1 direct). 115000bauds. No response and no LED !!! Death! :-(

• Hmm... It should work. I don't have time to check the actual image on a normal maple board again, but I think people (@bobricius?) do use it and it's fine.

You did use the ST flash utility rather than the maple one?

When flashed with Espruino it would communicate at 9600 baud by default so you could try that?

• hi maple mini using diferent pin for usb enumeration controll.

• also led is on another pin

• Thanks! So @Glocke I'm afraid that you'd need to build a special version of the Espruino firmware for it.

Having said that, serial may still work at 9600 baud

• I have .py file for maplemini without bootloader. I'm not tested it throughly, but usbserial, led, button, i2c1 and save() works on 4$ maplemini clone from ali. bmp085.js module require hand minification for 20k of RAM.

• Great, thanks for letting me know. Do you think you could issue a GitHub pull request for it? I've got a maple mini here so it'd be fun to have it working,

• File without board outline definition in attach.
    May be somebody else can add it to Github?
    MAPLEMINI section of Makefile is just a copy of Olimexino one with BOARD=MAPLEMINI
    MAPLEMINI word sould be added to scripts/create_zip.sh also.

1 Attachment

• thanks - done!

• So strange...

1 Attachment

• espr mm bug.png
  • That is strange! Just tried here, and it happens on the Maple Mini, but not on other boards (well, the Espruino board).

• Uh, is this one of the low-ram boards that uses the smaller size jsvars?

Has anyone checked that the jsvar size shrink didn't break that? I think most people are using official boards or the higher spec STM32 boards, so maybe this could have slipped through?

• Same incorrect result on the Olimexino_STM32 (128k FLASH, 20k SRAM)
    using v1.72 built 2014/12/03.

I get the correct result on a real Maple RET6 (512k FLASH, 64k SRAM)
    using v1.72 built 2015/01/02 with essentially Bigram parameters applied (3250 jsVars)

• Yes, it'll be using the 12 bit vars.

I just did a compile with the PC forced to use 12 byte vars, and that showed the problem too - so at least it'll be easy to debug

• Right - got it. It's to do with floating point numbers being overwritten by the reference count.

I've got a slightly hacky fix for it I think - I'll commit it in a sec.

• Ok, sorted. If you try again with the latest from GitHub then it should work.

• Just to confirm this now works with the Olimexino_STM32

• Great, thanks for letting me know!

• hi, what should I type to upload espruino to maple mini like user51876?
    something like that?

python maplemini.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -evw espruino_1v80_olimexino_stm32.bin 

maplemini.py should be instead of stm32loader.py?

• could anyone explain how to load Espruino into mini as user51876 did?

• Have you tried just using the instructions for flashing other boards - specifically the ones for the Olimexino/Leaflabs Maple?

• yes, I did, I can upload standard olimexino_stm32 but my mini then have some mess with pinout, pins are not the same as on the rev3+ maple, rev3+ maple works fine but not mini

• You would have to build your own binary using the documentation here : https://github.com/espruino/Espruino

Once you've followed the steps in the Readme, just type make clean;MAPLEMINI=1 RELEASE=1 make

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

(1v71_olimexino_stm32.bin) Maple Mini compatible?

Posted by Avatar for Glocke @Glocke

Actions