You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I can't see any difference either... @DrAzzy the pinMode isn't needed in your code - but I'd be interested to see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't :)

I wonder whether the reason the 'new' code works is that it executes really slowly, and the 1kHz update rate that was requested can't be made.

What have you connected the power input on your driver board to? It may be that you don't have a high enough voltage available to turn the stepper as fast as you want to?

It's interesting that in your video, when the stepper motor stops, 3 of the 4 LEDs are on (which I would have said was wrong as that presumably means 3 coils are on - although it does seem to work). Is that the case for you, or is it just 1 or 2 of 4?

@russdx I think it depends on the mass of the rotor and speed you're trying to get to. When I've used bigger ones I've been able to instantly start and stop at a certain speed, but if I wanted to go very fast I had to ramp the speed up and down.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started