Support for A7105 Module

Posted on
  • I know there is support for the NRF24L01+ wireless modules already but I was wondering if anyone had thought about adding support for the A7105 wireless modules?
    I have a bunch of these laying around but I would know where to begin to write my own module to get these working.
    I bought a bunch of these modules when i read THIS article on hackaday, apparently he used an ST32 and a A7105 module to control a cheap quadcopter.

• Hi,

I haven't actually thought about support for those - the nrf24 was a bit of a let-down (it works well enough, but the range of the standard modules is too low to extend over the whole house). I think it's more of an issue with the 2.4ghz band, so I think the lower frequencies are probably more interesting.

But if you wanted to do it yourself it shouldn't be too bad. You'd want to look at the datasheet (and maybe the existing arduino code for it - although that looks a bit dodgy). I guess first steps would be to wire it up and then see if you can use SPI commands in the left-hand pane of the Web IDE to read and write registers on the chip. Once that's done it's just a matter of doing what the datasheet says - writing values to registers in the right order to get it to transmit and receive.

If you could find a simple arduino project that did TX and RX then you could set up an Arduino to test with. It's always frustrating trying to debug something when you don't know whether it's the TX or RX side that's not working!

• Is the A7105 just a clone of the NRF24?

When I look on ebay, a lot of the hits for A7105 also include "NRF24" in the title.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Support for A7105 Module

Posted by Avatar for JackJamesHoward @JackJamesHoward

Actions