You are reading a single comment by @DaveNI and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon I'm also pleased with the speed (I'm getting 130ms from my work office).

As for the temperature - you may have noticed that the readings are within 0.5 deg range - thats because all 5 sensors are on the breadboard at present. The breadboard is in my "workshop" which is a converted garage and doesn't hold the heat very well (hence the 13 deg!).

I have another 5 sensors attached to a length of ethernet cable (I live in a bungalow so its easy to run the cable in the loft & have a small hole in the ceiling to run a short wire into each room.) I will use these these sensors when I go "live".

Wireless would be good but don't suggest things like that - I'm hopeless with scope-creep as it is :)

Those valves look excellent - hopefully you get them working. I currently only have 2 zones (heat & water) but intended to add a few more zone valves - these may provide a simpler solution requiring less plumbing (most of my rads have thermostatic valve heads).

Thanks for the CORS info - I thought it would be more difficult but seems simple enough, especially for GETS. The JSONP is working really well & I like the way integrates so as you suggested I will keep that approach.

One quick question - I'm planning to use this relay module for the boiler & pump (since I already have one):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007F­6Q5QU

How far do you think this could be from espruino if the GPIO's were connected to it using CAT6 cable? I would like to get about 10m if possible. Maybe I should just try it ...

About

Avatar for DaveNI @DaveNI started