You are reading a single comment by @DaveNI and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have been working on an Espruino project to control my heating system. Its far from complete but I thought what I have done so far would be worth sharing:

I have created the temperature measurement module (based on DS18B20), a bespoke scheduler module and a "ButtonSet" module to help with a touch-screen user interface (ILI9341).

More interesting is the HttpServer module (wiz550io) which implements a REST web service.

I put together a browser application which communicates with my Espruino using RESTful calls and in future this will allow me to control my home heating system remotely. It currently only performs read operations so I decided to make it available for demonstration of what can be done with espruino.

The server has been running all week without any glitches (or memory leaks). It can be found at:

http://heating.x10host.com/main.html

Please try it out but no denial of service attacks :)

(if it is unavailable I am probably working at it so please try again later)

NOTE: Don't use IE - there is an unresolved issue but Chrome, Safari, Opera & Firefox seem fine also be sure to read "The Software" tab in the application for an explanation of how it works.

EDIT: It's not always so cold - I've been away most of week!

It's now working with IE - it turns out function.name is not available in IE yet.

About

Avatar for DaveNI @DaveNI started