You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Will test this build and see what it does to me. I had the challenge with left-right-shift (<<,>>), added parentheses to overcome the issue, but when minified, it removed them because of precedence they are not needed.

It is great to have all these tools - and their view and implementation of javascript - but if they are not on the same page what language definition is, it becomes Russian roulette whether will work or not. As much I like the 'adamant' - to the error - ;-) reminder to add semicolons in IDE, I'm not expecting the Espruino interpreter to depend on that (I mean, if it means to save a lot - with the definition of 'a lot' by @Gordon's judgement - then so be it).

The reason I plea for as much a possible compatibility with JS in the Web world is because of the huge pool of people familiar with the JS world from there. There exists still this perception JS is not a language for serious... and it is complicated and a night mare... even more so among programmers of other languages.

Making it work the way users are, is the best and helps to establish a good reputation.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started