You are reading a single comment by @DaveNI and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks Gordon, "Overiding" the functions was just what I needed to make my buffered ILI9341 module backwardly compatible with the existing one.

The module has two additional methods:

setUseBuffer(true/false): If true then use buffering, otherwise use callbacks (default=true)

setMaxBuffer(size): Sets the maximum size of the graphics buffer (number of 16 bit pixels). This defaults to 2000 (i.e. 4kb, similar to the 1bit PCD8544 84*48 display).

The full string is generally written in one go but if the maxBufferSize will be exceeded it is written one character at a time (It may make more sense to have the maxBufferSize in KB).

The buffer is only used during the drawing process but you may wish to lower it if memory is an issue. (NOTE If set too low, a single character in a large font could exceed maxBufferSize, I suppose I should really revert to non-buffered mode if this arises)

I've attached the module (DL_ILI9341.js) and a simple demo comparing buffered with unbuffered.

Hopefully anyone with one of the displays will find it useful - The demo takes 7.6 seconds unbuffered and 1.7 seconds when using buffering. Just set the appropriate pins in onInit().

2 Attachments

About

Avatar for DaveNI @DaveNI started