flashing raw stm32f103rct6 chip

Posted on
  • Hi, Gordon! Trying to flash raw f103 chip (just from the shop with factory bootloader)
    I launched stm flash loader demonstrator, connected to it and got some settings screen like this:

download procedure was successfull but espruino didn't wake up normally.
    (I connected it via serial1).
    What was my mistake? Maybe some default settings on the screen must be changed?

• Hi Andrey, that all looks fine. Maybe add 'global erase' and 'verify' just to make sure.

Does your chip have an 8Mhz external oscillator? that would probably help.

You'll also need BOOT0 and BOOT1 to be set correctly at boot.

• Thanks, Gordon
    I guess, that the oscillator is the reason. Flashing process need no oscillator, but after loading Blue Led is in strange "half-on" state. Seems to chip doesn't start. Think I have to change the oscillator.

• Blue LED? What board is the chip is on? It'd help to know what the LED is connected to...

• tryed to download thru swd, downloaded well, but espruino still doesn't work.
    so, there is actually not original Espruino board, LED connected to F103rct6 PA15.
    oscillator changed, moved closer to chip.
    what is the serial 1 speed by default? 38400?
    Another problem can be, that I didn't pullup USB_DP and I still have console on Usb, not on serial1.
    upd: pulled up USB_DP - no results

• Default serial console is 9600 baud. PA13-15 are SWD/JTAG pins at power-up - so they'd half-glow if Espruino hasn't even got to the point of initialising.

What about RST pull-up, and BOOT0/BOOT1

• rst pulled up to "+"
    boot 0 - 0
    boot 1 not connected

• Hmm, it should be ok. I'm really not sure what to suggest...

• Thanks, Gordon
    I suggest, I soldered it wrong. will remake it totally..
    Just.... Do I have to set "Jump to the user program" checkbox on the picture above?

• You shouldn't have to set that checkbox... Once the program is in the device and you reset it, it should start executing whatever is in memory automatically.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

flashing raw stm32f103rct6 chip

Posted by Avatar for Andrey @Andrey

Actions