You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • why not leave holes for a radial can type, instead of SMD pads?

I'll have a look at that - routing is a bit tight so I'm using SMD wherever possible - but IIRC there may be some free space around there.

SD card

I think the battery is more useful than the SD card - most switchmodes in USB power packs aren't that efficient (designed for 1-2A loads) and will kill the battery life. Also when you do that you have to disconnect the device from power in order to power it from a battery - it's nice (especially with the RTC) to be able to keep it running.

Also I'm not convinced there's space for a micro SD card. I may do a plug-in board with one on, but I'm not sure you can get a connector on without the micro SD interfering with the soldered-on pins.

@FyberChris I've been talking to ST, and they seem pretty happy to do a deal on the F401CD for me - so that really narrows it down. Hopefully I'll announce it on the KickStarter soon. Also I have the 401 working fine, but I saw someone trying to get the 411 working with Espruino last week and he wasn't having much luck (I think support only got added via the new STM32 cube stuff).

• I'll have a look at that - routing is a bit tight so I'm using SMD wherever possible - but IIRC there may be some free space around there.

Yeah, the area around those pads looks like just about the only part of the board with a few square millimeters not filled with something.

I've been talking to ST, and they seem pretty happy to do a deal on the F401CD for me

Booyaaah! 96k SRAM? 96k SRAM! 5.x k JSVARS?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started