You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @allObjects luckily Espruino doesn't do anything quite as 'interesting' as storing data in the code that it is executing :) We'd talked about your problem before, and it's just missed characters rather than corrupted ones - now you mention on('data',...) I'd assume that the data coming in down the Serial port is filling up the input buffer. Maybe talk about that in another thread? It may be that reset() isn't disabling Serial ports correctly and they are still reading data.

@tom.gidden sure sounds like a software fault then. My guess would be that there's some bug caused by the recent changes to use smaller blocks for variables, and something is accessing past the bounds that it should be. It's just strange that it only seems to happen occasionally...

Do you think that it's possible that it is happening all the time a bit of code is being executed, but that the bit of code isn't being executed very often? Do you think you could send me your code? If I can find a way to reproduce it, it'd be a lot easier to track down :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started