You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wow, that's an odd one. And the errors are different each time?

The data itself is loaded off flash at boot and the flash isn't touched again, so I don't think that'll be the problem. Are you using one @DrAzzy's bigram builds, or just a normal one?

It would seem to be a problem with the RAM. Does the chip get warm? it might indicate that some IO is shorted, and over time that is causing a failure.

The other thing to check is do you have a decoupling capacitor (a ~0.1uF ceramic) across the NRF24's power lines? Someone suggested recently that the NRF24 generated quite a lot of noise on the power supply lines, and that was causing the NRF24s to latch up occasionally. It wouldn't surprise me if all that noise could cause problems for the STM32 as well, so it might be worth adding something and seeing if that helps.

I'm not sure why it'd be getting worse, but it could the lower ambient temperature is making the LiPo battery higher resistance, and so that is making the voltage fluctuate more.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started