You are reading a single comment by @tage and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks Gordon,
    I was not able to press the buttons in the correct sequence obviously, so instead I used ST-Link to do a complete Chip Erase and Sector Erase.
    As I was not sure how to proceed after that (the board was not detected by my Win 7 PC any more), I programmed the STM32F4 Discovery board for NETMF following the procedure in http://singularengineer.com/stm32f4-disc­overy-board-running-net-microframework/
    and then re-flashed with Espruino 1v70 and after that the board works fine.

And I also found one of my Espruino boards and managed to update it to 1v70. This board had stopped communicating so I thought it was dead, but it works after I managed to update it. Don't ask me how it was able to connect to the IDE.
    I am tinkering with an index table using a 56.4mm (NEMA 23) stepping motor PK268-03A with a digital stepper drive CWD860. The drive has a pulse input and direction input so the Espruino code is a bit different than the example. I am scratching my head over how to accelerate and decelerate in an optimal way, as the motor will have to move a large mass. The motor is connected to the table with a 3M belt with 8:1 reduction.

One strange problem I had was that the stepper drive had the wrong polarity indicated for the DC input, so when I connected a dc power supply to the drive it was current limiting and the voltage was only a couple of volts. the polarity on the drive electronics was wrong. I reversed the power supply leads and the drive worked. Apparently I was the first customer to notice the manufacturing error. The drive is supposed to work with both ac and dc, but the rectifier bridge had been removed and replaced with wires that had been wired backwards. Obviously nobody had tested the drive before shipping it to the distributor. Strange.

About