You are reading a single comment by @JackJamesHoward and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have recently bought an Espruino and i'm starting to work through the tutorials.
    I have noticed that you have organised the tutorials alphabetically. I personally think it would be easier for new adopters of the Espruino, like me, to have the tutorials in a difficulty order. Or perhaps group a few tutorials together that will help teach more of the core functions and skills needed for the Espruino.

• @JackHoward - and @Gordon - grouping is accomplishable and was done in the past - with lots of work, for example by creating a page for each of the groups... More recently, tagging and presenting tag clouds have replaced it, because they support also favorably searching, which is dynamic, ad-hoc, on demand grouping. Just think about the very spread hashtagging - #tagvalue

@Gordon, does the environment you use for the examples, (blog) conversations, etc. support tagging options? I know that most (blog) conversation environments have the option of blocking or selective enabling for posts and and with that also the tagging. Moving the examples in a tagging enabled context with (moderator or author) controlled posting and tagging would be a good solution, no matter what needs will come up. Is there some documentation about the environment you are using for the Espruino Web site?

Edit: I had great laugh reading my post after posting: #tagvalue got highlighted and presented as a link. Clicling it threw the very same post right back to me... So no (real) work needed for posts... may be just a simple nudging of the poster by adding a field for tags in the post form, or at least a solicitation with the explanation that hash (#) prefixed terms are detected as hashtags. Too bad - more: really bad, (?) Formatting help does not even mention the tagging option {{{:((((>>>. After a while, the nudging for tagging can be removed, because readers will notice the tagging options by the posts with tags they read.

About