Problems connecting HC-05 Bluetooth module

Posted on
  • Hey guys,

I am on a Mac and trying to connect to my Espruino via Bluetooth. I have followed to tutorial and soldered the module on to my Espruino and I have also paired it via Bluetooth. The problem is when I try to connect to it with the screen /dev/tty.HC-05-DevB 9600, nothing happens (or something happens, the module is connected but I get a black screen). I have attached a picture of what happens. Is there anyone who can help me try and narrow down what the error is?

Regards,
    Nerq

1 Attachment

• Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 23.33.23.png
  • You could try connecting to /dev/cu.HC-05-DevB - someone had luck with that.

However your problem could be as simple as the fact that you're powering Espruino from a USB connection of your Mac? If Espruino detects that it is connected to a computer via USB, it moves the console over to USB (not bluetooth).

You could try connecting via USB with the Web IDE (or screen) at the same time, and typing Serial1.print("Hello") and seeing if anything appears.

If that works you can type Serial1.setConsole() to move the console back over to bluetooth.

• Hey Gordon,

Thanks for the rapid reply. I did not have the Espruino connected to my mac at the same time, I had it powered via a usb-charger. BUT the /dev/cu.HC-05-DevB did the trick :-) Thank you very much.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Problems connecting HC-05 Bluetooth module

Posted by Avatar for Nerq @Nerq

Actions