You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey Gordon,

I wasn't sure whether to share this or not just yet as it's just a personal experiment at the moment to learn some new tech (node-webkit + angularjs + node-serialport) so I don't know where I intend to go with it, but as you started this thread, I thought what the hell.

Basically, I took the current IDE and redesigned it to be a bit more modern, and hopefully a bit friendlier (See screenshot).

So far I've got it connecting, and have the terminal sending / responding to commands, but it's by no means "usable".

I don't know how you feel about using node-webkit? It basically makes the app standalone, rather than being a chrome app (I find the chrome app a small barrier, much preferring to just download an app and go). In theory (but I've not done this yet) you should still be able to compile it for both PC and Mac / Linux, so should be cross platform.

Anyways, like I say, it's just a concept at the moment, but thought I'd share it.

Many thanks

Matt

1 Attachment

• Capture.PNG
About